September 1 -24, 2013
Join SYI for 24 days in Paradise. Participate in this 200hour training that will focus on living yoga on and off your mat. Join Bryan and Anjili and benefit from their years of experience and knowledge in the world of yoga and then use this knowledge to transform your experience in daily life.
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training program will give you much more than a certificate. It will be a personally focused journey that you share with others. We are all on our own path, but that path leads us to the same place. In this way we can support each other through the process.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a 200-hr Yoga Teacher Certification through the SchoolYoga Institute and will meet the requirements for Yoga Alliance RYT-200 registration. The SchoolYoga Institute is a registered yoga school at the 200 and 500 hour level.
Fiji is an idyllic Pacific setting with opportunities to snorkel, scuba dive, go boating with dolphins, plunge into waterfalls, and see hot mud pools. It’s wonderful. There’s also a real joy in doing yoga in the warmth – never any need for socks even in the morning, constantly warm muscles to power you through the sun salutations, and only occasionally a need for a covering in the longest of savasanas.
Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance
Yoga Alliance is a global registering body for yoga schools and yoga teachers. This training exceeds the standards set out by Yoga Alliance and you will be able to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) after the training. SchoolYoga Institute has been offering Yoga Alliance registered teacher training courses since 2002.
Yoga Style: Sadhana Yoga
We teach Sadhana Yoga- The Yoga of Spiritual Practice, teaching both Hatha and Vinyasa flows. SchoolYoga Institute honors all traditions of yoga and has incorporated into the 200hr teacher training program two foundational sequences that will allow students to develop any style of class they desire you teach. The two sequences we teach are a Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Flow based primarily off the Ashtanga and Sivananda sequences respectively.
Our approach is contemporary and eclectic. We bring to life the ancient teachings of yoga through daily practice and practical application into our lives. During the 200hr teacher training program you will:
- Learn to teach two sequences: Vinyasa and Hatha flows
- Daily practice of Pranayama
- Understand many different Meditation Techniques
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology for yoga teachers
- In depth study of select Yoga Sutras
- Understanding of the history of yoga
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Introduction to The Business of Yoga
- Improved personal yoga practice
- Art of Teaching Workshops
- Regular peer-teaching starting day one.
- You will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
Typical Day During the Fiji Yoga Teacher Training
6:00-10:00 Guided Pranayama/Meditation/Asana
9:00-10:00 Lessons of the day
10:00-2:00 Brunch, Break, Snack
2-3 Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy Workshops
3:00-6:00 Art of Teaching and Alignment Workshops
7:00-8:00 Satsang (Kirtan, daily reflection, spiritual lessons)
Location: Daku Resort Fiji
Daku Resort is located on the island of Vanua Levu, near the town of Savusavu in Fiji. http://dakuresort.com
Prerequisites for the Fiji Yoga Instructor Course
Our only requirement is that participants set an intention to devote their time and energy to make the course a success. The course is open to people with any amount of yoga background.
Before the Program: We also suggest that after enrolling in the course, that people complete the following: Asana–We provide two videos of the flows that we teach. We like for people to practice them before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them.
Sign-up online today Risk Free! Pay your full tuition online to receive the 30-day money back guarantee! Details
Room and Food Packages:
Cottage – (shared double room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) Cottage Details $1,190.00 SOLD OUT
- PoolHouse/FOV – (shared double room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) Poolhouse Details FOV Details $1,490.00
- Beachhouse/Villa – (shared double room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) Beachhouse Details Villa Details $1,790.00
Private Cottage (private room for 23 nights) Cottage Details $2,190.00 SOLD OUT
- Private FOV (private room for 23 nights) FOV Details $2,590.00
- Private Beachhouse (private room for 23 nights) Beachhouse Details $2,790.00
Sign up with a $350 deposit (Full payment is due 90 days before the start of the program.)
Please see our Reservation and Cancellation Policy
Required Texts for the Guatemala Yoga Certification
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- Airfare to Fiji – Fly into Savusavu (SVU)
- Extra costs for day off activities (Diving, Snorkeling, Waterfalls, Beaches, Surfing, Hikes, Cultural Events, and more)
- The retreat center is located in Fiji on the island of Vanua Levu, near the town of Savusavu.
- Fly into Savusavu (SVU) Check www.airpacific.com for flights.
- It is sometimes cheaper to fly to Nadi (NAN) and then get a separate ticket on www.airpacific.com to Savusavu (SVU)
Note that if you are flying from LA, you will need to leave on August 29 at the latest. Fiji is one day ahead of the USA. The flight leaves LAX at 11:30PM on August 29 (US time) and arrives into Savusavu at 8:20AM August 31 (Fiji time). This means, you will be arriving to the training one day early, which will be great to get settled in.
Questions and More Information
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- You can call or email anytime.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 888-964-2123 (toll free from US and Canada)
- Tel: 802-448-2020 (USA)
Let us know you are interested and we might just send you a $100 discount code. (Every 5th person)