October 4- 24, 2014
at Present Moment Retreat, Mexico
Come to Present Moment Retreat and take part in our Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training & Cleansing Retreat. This is a life enhancing, transformative experience where you will learn meditation, pranayama, asana, cleansing, shamanic philosophy, application of yogic theory and much more. We believe that the best way to learn Yoga is by living Yoga. Thus, we have developed an experiential curriculum where you will live a yogic life for three weeks while learning the theory behind the practice.
This is unique program due to its incredible venue and in its emphasis on shamanic healing and holistic cleansing. The cleansing focuses on all aspects of wellness (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) in order to reveal your truest self so that you can step onto the mat as a yoga teacher who guides from the pure essence of your Heart and from your connection to Spirit. Realize your inner stillness and access the wisdom that resides deep in your heart and soul. Come join us and awaken the power of your spirit while living in an eco-friendly paradise on the coast of Mexico. If you are ready to sign up… REGISTER NOW
Our Yoga Teacher Training is a holistic program; to understand Yoga you must first understand Self… body, mind, and spirit. We use the four directions of the Native American Medicine wheel as a guide and foundational structure for the course. Within each direction we will focus on different types of movment, diet, and meditation. We bring to life the ancient teachings of Yoga through accessible spiritual lessons, a solid foundation in Yogic philosophy, and a daily Yoga practice. The curriculum includes the following:
• Learn to teach two sequences: Vinyasa and Hatha flow
• Practice Pranayama, Kriyas, and Bandhas
• Understand a variety of Meditation Techniques
• Study Yoga Anatomy & Physiology for Yoga teachers
• In depth study of select Yoga Sutras
• Learn the Native American Medicine Wheel
• Take part in Shamanic Ceremonies
• Understand the history of yoga
• Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
• Introduction to The Business of Yoga
• Exposure to Yogic healing arts
• Participate in Art of Teaching Workshops
• Practice peer-teaching starting day one
• Understand Chakras & Energetic Anatomy
• Study Ayurvedic Philosophy & Yogic Diet
Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance
Yoga Alliance is a global registering body for yoga schools and yoga teachers. This training exceeds the standards set out by Yoga Alliance and you will be able to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) after the training. SchoolYoga Institute has been offering Yoga Alliance registered teacher training courses since 2002.
During the training we wake up while the sun rises and experience the beauty and serenity in the midst of the tropical setting, with the cleansing tea waiting for you. Guided group meditation starts at 6:30am. Meditation is followed immediately by asana (yoga posture) practice. It includes pranayama, asana, and relaxation.
In the afternoon we have our Art-of-Teaching workshop. We also have lectures, discussions and activities that cover Yoga philosophy, Yoga theory, Yogic living, Yoga diet, Yoga anatomy, and Yogic healing. We end our day with after dinner Satsang (wise gathering) to contemplate and reflect on our sadhana (spiritual practice) of the day.
6:30-9:30 Guided Meditation/Pranayama/Asana
10:30-12:00 Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy
1:00-2:00 Healing Arts
2:00-5:00 Art of Teaching and Alignment
5:00-7:00 Dinner and Self Sadhana
7:00-8:30 Ceremony and Satsang (Healing practice, kirtan, and reflection)
8:30-10:00 Quiet Time
Gourmet Vegetarian Meals
The food is sure to be a highlight of your stay. Two vegetarian meals at 10 am and 6 pm are prepared with love by the gourmet chefs at Present Moment Retreat. We will have fresh fruits and other health snacks available during the day.
Present Moment Reteat
Thoughtfully created in Troncones, Guerrero; one of the last sacred and authentic destinations in Mexico, Present Moment Retreat offers the opportunity for physical, spiritual, and mental rejuvenation through yoga, meditation and the healing arts. Renew your spirit while meditating on our private beach; revive your energy with an ocean side yoga workshop, and dine on mouth watering gourmet cuisine.
This Mexico Yoga Teacher Training Course is suitable for people of all levels from beginners to advanced practitioners.
There are 3 days off during the Mexico Yoga Instructor Certification and you are encouraged to take the opportunity to explore the area. It is so beautiful to do yoga on the beach as the sun is setting. This is also a good time to visit shops and do some shopping.
- Vegetarian Meals (at 10am and 6pm)
- Yoga living lifestyle
- Daily meditation
- Daily yoga classes
- Yoga Theory Practice and Living Lectures
- Local cultural events
- Hiking, Kayaking, horseback riding
- Dance and Qigong Classes
- Professional massage, bodywork, energy healing and wellness counseling
- Beautiful Accommodations at Present Moment Retreat
Tuition & Payment
Sign-up online today Risk Free! Pay your full tuition online to receive the 30-day money back guarantee! Details
- Tuition: $2,400.
- Room & Food Package: $2,195 (20 nights at Present Moment Retreat in a shared double room)
If you would like a single room there is an charge of $1,295.
If you are traveling alone and would like a shared double room, we are happy to match you with a roommate.
- Sign up with a $350 deposit (Full payment is due 90 days before the start of the program.)
- Please see our Reservation and Cancellation Policy
Required Texts for the Guatemala Yoga Certification
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
Questions and More Information
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- You can call or email anytime.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 888-964-2123 (toll free from US and Canada)
- Tel: 802-448-2020 (USA)