August 3rd-24th, 2014, in Punta Mona, Costa Rica
Punta Mona is an 85 acre off the grid, family owned environmental education center, botanical collection, permaculture farm and eco-lodge, dedicated to sustainable ways of living.
SYI’s yoga teacher training at Punta Mona takes full advantage of the stunning location, with classes held under a canopy of jungle trees, the noise of the waves from the beach behind rushing with our breath.
Experience full moon swimming in the warm, shallow waters of the Caribbean and know the glow of ocean phosphorescence under a sky full of stars. Enjoy sea kayaking, mud bathing and sunrise meditations. Wander the extensive gardens and orchards while appreciating the interconnectedness of this permaculture farm. Indulge in jungle gourmet cuisine, connect with the extensive wildlife and form strong bonds of friendship, whilst learning how to share the deep peace of yoga.
Punta Mona immerses us in the power of community and the beauty of living a simple, intentional life. Come and grow yourself in this incredible environment and follow your heart to la Pura Vida.
Yoga Style: Sadhana Yoga
We teach Sadhana Yoga- The Yoga of Spiritual Practice, teaching both Hatha and Vinyasa flows. SchoolYoga Institute honors all traditions of yoga and has incorporated into the 200hr teacher training program two foundational sequences that will allow students to develop any style of class they desire you teach. The two sequences we teach are a Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Flow based primarily off the Ashtanga and Sivananda sequences respectively.
Our approach is contemporary and eclectic. We bring to life the ancient teachings of yoga through accessible spiritual lessons.
- Learn to teach two sequences: Vinyasa and Hatha flows
- Daily practice of Pranayama
- Understand many different Meditation Techniques
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology for yoga teachers
- In depth study of select Yoga Sutras
- Understanding of the history of yoga
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Introduction to The Business of Yoga
- Improved personal yoga practice
- Art of Teaching Workshops
- Regular peer-teaching starting day one.
Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance
Yoga Alliance is a global registering body for yoga schools and yoga teachers. This training exceeds the standards set out by Yoga Alliance and you will be able to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) after the training. SchoolYoga Institute has been offering Yoga Alliance registered teacher training courses since 2002.
- Practicing yoga while listening to the soothing ocean waves (ujayi!)
- 3 Gourmet jungle vegetarian meals per day, mostly organic & local!
- Located in a jungle wildlife refuge, with pristine nature viewing and hiking opportunities
- Incredible variety of medicinal jungle herbs and fruits (over 200 varieties of fruits are grown on the property!)
- Raw foods workshop, with many raw culinary choices throughout the training
- Beautiful beaches to swim, play, surf, relax
- Located at Costa Rica’s oldest Permaculture farm
- Experiencing Pura Vida!
Prerequisites for the Costa Rica Yoga Instructor Course
Our only requirement is that participants set an intention to devote their time and energy to make the course a success. The course is open to people of all yoga abilities. We have some videos online that we suggest people to practice before attending.
6:00-9:00 Guided Meditation/Pranayama/Asana
10:00-12:00 Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy
12:00-1:00 lunch and snack on your own (small portion please)
1:00-2:00 Healing Art
2:00-5:00 Art of Teaching and Alignment
5:00-7:00 Dinner and Self Sadhana
7:00-8:30 Ceremony and Satsang (Healing practice, kirtan, and reflection)
8:30-10:00 Quiet Time
Before the Program: We also suggest that after enrolling in the course, that people complete the following:
- Asana–We provide two videos of the flows that we teach. Practice teach flow at least twice before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them.
Tuition & Payment
Sign-up online today Risk Free! Pay your full tuition online to receive the 30-day money back guarantee! Details
- Tuition: $2400
- Room and Board Package: $1,300
at Punta Mona ($65/day for extra nights)
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Transportation to Puntamona
- Optional day off activities (eg: Surfing equipment, Kayaking, Snorkling, Guided Hikes/Herb Walks, Spanish lessons)
Getting to Punta Mona:
Remember that once you arrive at San Jose (SJO) International airport it is still a half day journey to the farm. For detailed information see: www.puntamona.org/getting-punta-mona
Once you get close transportation to the farm by boat at the beginning and end of the training will be free.
Things to Bring:
- Tall socks
- Bathing suit
- Towels & Sarong
- Top and bottom sheets and pillow case
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc.
- Medical supplies
- All-natural bug repellent ( All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Light weight, long-sleeved shirts and pants, yoga pants
- T-shirts and shorts
- Rain coats with hoods
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Yoga Mat
- Course Text Books
- additionally see a complete list, with commonly needed items provided by training site:
Questions and More Information
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- You can call or email anytime.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 888-964-2123 (toll free from US and Canada)
- Tel: 802-448-2020 (USA)
Let us know you are interested and we might just send you a $100 discount code. (Every 5th person)
Jed walks on the path of the ancient medicine keepers, working first to realize the change in himself, while fully dedicated to assisting others in transforming into the love and light of the new age. Jed has been involved with SYI for many years and is a 1000-hour certified SYI facilitator. After finishing his NCAA wrestling career and graduating with his Masters of Science from Oregon State University Jed spent six years living off the grid and teaching high school physical education on the Mendocino coast of northern California. Jed is a genuine friend, a knowledgeable teacher, a loving husband and father to two boys. He now spends his time as a yogi, father, surfer, gardener, and lover shining light and living in harmony at home in Southern Oregon and internationally.