September 19 – October 9, 2014
The Kalani Resort Center, Pahoa, Hawaii
Join us for a magical training on beautiful Big Island, Hawaii, where we will draw from the swirling volcanic energy and ancient wisdom contained within this land to feed our journey towards inner stillness.
Feel the Goddess Pele flowing in the lava, awakening your own kundalini and enlightening your life path. Feel support as you release, receive guidance on your path and clear the way to manifest your deepest callings. Develop the practice, insight and perspective to live a balanced, peaceful life. Heed the call of deep remembering, your soul beckoning you to step forward into the light and love.
This training will take place on the big island of Hawaii, the healing island. You will be embraced in the spirit of aloha, the greeting of love, life presence, breath, gratitude, reverence and celebration! Your facilitators Ganapati and Jiya are dedicated to supporting you during your journey and offer passion and depth amidst a wealth of knowledge and experience. Their gentle guidance invites you to explore that which is under your skin and within your heart.
The Kalani is a deluxe location that will allow you to feel nurtured as you engage in the process of activating, catalyzing, and rebirthing into your highest Self expression. We offer a yogic schedule every day, beginning with a sunrise meditation and yoga asana, ending with kirtan and shamanic ceremony, and threaded through with stimulating philosophical discussion and meaningful sharing. Whether it is in the gorgeous yoga hall, in the heated watsu pool, or in the sauna and jacuzzi, you will find your bliss in this safe and sacred space.
- Living a Yogic lifestyle within sacred community
- Journeying through the medicine wheel and the 4 directions: letting go, using the mind/emotions, claiming our gifts and transforming personal shadows as you move into the light, the spirit which you are.
- Daily Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga Class, and Kirtan!
- Learn to teach two asana sequences/flows: Vinyasa (Astanga based) and Hatha (Sivananda based)
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology with a focus on practical application
- Study of Patanjali´s Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to the history of yoga and SYI lineage
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Introduction to Yoga as a Conscious Business
- Improved personal yoga practice
- Art of Teaching and alignment
- Regular peer-teaching experience
- Special Topics: Meditation, Advanced Pranayama, The Gurukula System, Sacred Geometry, Thai Massage, Ayurveda, Yogic Diet, Kriyas, +others
- 3 Gourmet vegetarian meals per day! See more about the gorgeous nourishing food athttp://www.kalani.com/guest-info/cuisine
- Practicing yoga in a tropical Oceanside paradise
- Pristine nature viewing and hiking opportunities
- Enjoy the beautiful black sand beach to sunbath, nature watch, swim, play, or snorkel
- Participate in hula, volleyball, nature tours
We offer our guests with fun and transformative experiences, healthy vegetarian-friendly cuisine and the tools they need to promote their higher selves.
Kalani Honua means harmony of heaven and earth, and this is what we aspire to. We welcome all in the spirit of aloha and are guided by the Hawai’ian tradition of `ohana (extended family), respecting our diversity yet sharing in unity. We invite you to open your heart to the Big Island of Hawaii at Kalani Oceanside Retreat.¨
Kalani’s recipe for a transformative vacation:
- Keep your spirit high
- Awaken to new ways of living
- Let yourself relax and rejuvenate
- Attune with creative energy
- Nurture your body and soul
- Indulge in natural splendor
Read more at: http://www.kalani.com/about
Nearby attractions to the Kalani resort
- natural black sand beach (clothing optional), frequented by dolphins
- Volcanoes National Park, where lava has been actively flowing since 1983
- lava tube cave
- tidal pools for splashing and snorkeling
- natural steam baths
- bays for fishing and kayaking
- spectacular waterfalls
- an ancient forest of lava tree molds
- historic villages and farmers’ markets
- botanical gardens, and anthurium and orchid farms
Room and Board Package – The rate includes: 3 gourmet meals, processing fees, use of workshop space and all facilities at The Kalani resort!
- Option 1: single room with shared bath (1 available) – $2,800
- Option 2: double shared bath (1 available) – $2,000
- Option 3: triple private bath (3 available) – $2,150
- Option 4: double private bath (4 available) – $2,550
- Transportation to Hilo, Hawaii
- Transportation to the Kalani ~$45 one way from Hilo (see http://www.kalani.com/guest-info/getting-here)
- Required Texts
- Optional day off activities (eg: Massage, Wasu, Hula class, Snorkeling, Guided Hikes/Herb Walks, Lava Tours) see http://www.kalani.com/guest-info/adventures for more information.
The lead instructors for this course are: