Patagonia Yoga Teacher Training
In El Chalten, Patagonia, Argentina.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Join us among the majestic peaks and vast wildness of the Patagonia Mountains. Come step into the mystical path of Yoga that takes us deep into untouched terrains within and without! We invite you to embrace the boundless opportunities to learn experience and grow in a landscape of outer and inner beauty.
Our Yoga Teacher Training Course will be held at El Chalten, Argentina, the hiking capital of Patagonia. Hikers, climbers, artists, writers and photographers who find energy and mystery in wild places will fall in love with the snow capped majestic mountains of El Chalten. The small mountain village is surrounded by untrammeled wilderness, with trail heads starting from every corner of town leading to all the hiking trails, beauty, and wonders this corner of the world has to offer.
In 2010 SchoolYoga hosted our first 200 hour training in El Chalten. We lived in rhythm of Mother Nature, embracing sunny days with outdoor classes, meditative hikes, and outdoor ceremonies, taking the work indoors to our cozy studio when the winds began to blow. El Chalten is a peaceful and magical place to spend a month living immersed in nature and the mystical study of yoga, with endless possibilities for personal growth and inspiration.
We will be exploring and embracing the fullness of complimentary spiritual healing traditions, incorporating lectures and practicum in Ayurveda, the Vedic science of life and healing, and daily ceremonies which will include ceremonies and a nightly satsang with kirtan, ecstatic dance, mantra japa chanting, and meditation.
Be sure to schedule some extra time before or after the training. There are so many great places to visit. You might enjoy spending some time at and around Calafate, a crossing-over boarder town between Chile and Argentina full of beauty and adventures. Calafate is your flight destination unless you travel on land. It has one of largest glaciers in the world and one of the two remaining glaciers stilling growing today. You most likely will have a stopover at Buenos Aires, Argentina. Make sure to take a tango class, or in Santiago, Chile, make sure to spend some time at the historical downtown.
General Information for the Yoga Teacher Training Course Argentina
This South America Yoga Teacher Training Course is designed for prospective participants who fit any one or more of the following criteria:
- Foundation yoga teacher training course for people who are interested in pursuing RYT 200 hour level and become a certified yoga teacher. No prior experience needed.
- Individuals who have a long-standing yoga practice and who are interested in exploring the deeper practice of yoga incorporated with healing arts.
6:30-9:00 Guided Meditation/Pranayama/Asana
9:00-10:30 Group Vegetarian Breakfast
10:30-1:00 Daily Lesson, Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy
1:00-2:00 Break lunch/snack on your own
1:00-2:00 Special Topics Lessons (Ayurveda, Bhakti Yoga, Kriyas, etc.)
2:00-5:30 Art of Teaching and Alignment
5:30-8:00 Dinner and Self Sadhana
8:00-9:00 Ceremony and Satsang (Healing practice, kirtan, and reflection)
9:00-10:00 Quiet Time Self Sadhana
Traveling to El Chalten is an adventure! You have several options to fit your time frame, interests and budget.
U.S. Residents not planning to travel in Chile will prefer to fly into Buenos Aires over Santiago, Chile as you will need to pay fees even for a stopover in Chile.
Flying to Calafate: Main airlines flying to El Calafate are: Aerolineas Argentinas, LAN, and LADE. If you plan to fly you will need to book your flights from your home country. In 2010 participants had a very difficult time attempting to purchase flights while in Argentina due to out of country credit cards. This can be done easily via internet before you travel to Argentina.
Once you arrive in El Calafate, you will need to book a bus ticket, or taxi to El Chalten. There are many buses in town to El Chalten you can do this at your hostel, at any travel agency or at the bus terminal. There are several companies and buses depart everyday.
Traveling by Land to El Chalten: For the more adventurous you can travel by bus from Buenos Aires to El Chalten. This is a long journey, but there are options for many stops along the way if you have the time to see more of Argentina during your visit. There are 2 major routes taking you to the south of Patagonia; the infamous route 40 and Route 3 along the coast to Rio Gallegos. Either route will take at-least 3 days, and it is advised to choose some stops to spend a day or two along the way at some of the National Parks or other natural areas along the way.
There are many bus companies to choose from when traveling in Argentina. A few bus traveling tips:
- Always ask if there is a bathroom- and is it functioning!
- Cama seats are awesome
- Pack healthy snacks, most buses provide food… but it leaves something to be desired.
- We had a lot of luck with the company “Dan Otto”
- The companies Andesmar and Marga are not highly suggested.
Other Argentina Yoga Instructor Certification Highlights
- Spend 21 days living and learning within Los Glaciers National Park
- Learn and grow in community; living along with your instructors and fellow students
- Experience yoga living lifestyle
- Daily meditation
- Daily yoga classes
- Vegetarian Meals (at 10am and 6:30pm)
- Yoga Sutra Study
- Access to world class: hiking, rock/ice climbing and bouldering
- In fair weather Outdoor Classes with Breathtaking Vistas
- Sacred Gatherings at our evening Satsangs
Our only requirement is that participants set an intention to devote their time and energy to make the course a success.
Before the Program: We also suggest that after enrolling in the course, that people complete the following:
1. Asana–We provide two videos of the flows that we teach. We like for people to practice them before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them.
After the Program:
1. Teaching–Teach 5 yoga classes and write reflections of them after complete the course.
2. Spiritual Reflection–Read a spiritual book and write a written reflection on it.
All work should be submitted to us electronically after the program.
Every three years you are asked to join one of our 3-5 day Teacher Reunion Retreat (of course you can come every year if so desire) at Our Mystical Yoga Farm, other parts of the world, or online program.
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
Food and Lodging
- Room and Board Package: TBD based on group size (around $1,100)
- Extra costs for day off activities (ie: Horseback Riding, Rock/Ice Climbing Guide Services, Spanish lessons, Mountain Bike Rental, Glacier Trek)
Questions and More Information