Our RYT-300 hour program embraces the paths of the Yogi, the Mystical Shaman, and the Enlightened Mystic, helping us to remember our souls’ gifts as teachers and reveal the wise yogis within us all.
In addition to meeting the Yoga Alliance standards for pedagogy, anatomy, yogic theory and special education, SYI’s RYT-300 hour YTTCs focus on the expansion of our own sacred consciousness. We integrate the teachings of yoga with Native American earth medicine, shamanic practice and other medicine practices of the world.
As we explore different forms of ancient and modern spiritual practices, we learn and rediscover how to share the formless form of Mystical Yoga with our beloved humanity. Our 300-hour program combines three paths into one universal practice – that is to become mystical yoga teacher, shamanic practitioner, and enlightened mystic.
The path of the Mystical Yogi takes us deep into the roots of Yoga, the land of ancient Vedic wisdom, where we engage mind, body, and life forces to probe the discoveries, meanings and teachings from the ancient mystic yogis, rishis and their sacred recordings. The path of the Mystical Shaman prepares us to claim the healing gifts of the universe, where we learn how to partner up with and tap into the source of creation and where we journey between the worlds at will. The path of the Enlightened Mystic brings us closer to birth, death, cosmic reunion and the expansion of our own consciousness.
Joining our advanced mystical yoga teacher training means stepping into your own power as a keeper of knowledge and a carrier of an age-old lineage. Students are encouraged and supported in their own personal creative journeys, with opportunities to explore their true expression through such activities as creative asana sequencing, poetry writing and kirtan.
We share ancient knowledge of the shamans, helping us to transcend this world and explore the other realms. We explore the ancient texts, such as the Yoga Sutra, Bhagavagita, Upanishad, Vedanta, and the Vedas, as well as the poetry of Rumi, the teachings of Tantra Yoga, and the Pathless Path of Lao Tzu, using them as portals to tap into our own source of creation and expression. Through our personal investigation and experimentation in the vast landscape of the sacred, we come to experience the wisdom and the truth of these texts via our own personal verifications. The ancient discoveries are no longer just in the scriptures, but live as wisdom that guides our actions in this world.
This is a personal journey and a collective journey as well as the journey of humanity. Through the path of the known, we journey to little-traveled landscapes. We marvel at the direct connection and direct knowing that bring us insights to live in this very life, to share the gifts with our beloved humanity and sentient beings, and to live in the realm of love, wonder, and mysticism.
Who Can Attend?
The 300-hr course is open to people who have earned their RYT-200 through SchoolYoga Institute or other Yoga Alliance-Affiliated schools.
Individuals who have a long standing practice of yoga and healing arts (minimum 5 years) but do not yet have an RYT200 certificaton – please submit a letter to email@example.com to request an interview with our lead facilitator. This is particularly geared toward those who are interested in deepening their yoga, spiritual, and healing art practice but who are not concerned about the RYT hours and certification.
More than Certification
the 300-hr training is a beautiful experience that is much more than just gaining your certification. During the program you will embark on a journey to embrace and deepen your knowledge and connection with the paths of the Yogi, the Mystical Shaman, and the Enlightened Mystic. You will be gaining insight on pedagogy, anatomy, yogic theory, Native American earth medicine, shamanic practices, other medicine practices of the world, and different forms of ancient and modern spiritual practices – to name a few! As well, you will be deepening your knowledge and connection with your self and fellow brothers and sisters of this world. One of the main focuses of the program is expansion of our own sacred consciousness. The 300-hr training provides you with depth and understanding of the paths of the Yogi, Mystic, and yourself.
The path will ask for self reflection, growth and discipline. Due to the unique nature of this program, we ask participants to release expectation and conditioning, including that from previous trainings, allowing each one of us to open to the sacred wisdom the universe wishes to share with us at this time. Participants will be guided to travel past the boundaries of the known, exploring beyond the physical to the realm of the spirits, so openness to the wonder of what may come is essential.
What We Ask
During our trainings, we ask participants to embrace all aspects of the yogic lifestyle, such as observing a vegetarian diet, living free from the distractions of other substances, and moving away from internet and unnecessary communications with the external world. We ask dedication, commitment, and surrender, as well as immersion in our spiritual community for the duration of the training.
Open yourself to what is there, leave all expectations behind and enter the enlightened perspective and sacred landscape of your training with an open heart – whatever comes will be exactly what you need.
SchoolYoga Institute currently offers three 300-hour programs, with different themes and facilitators but offering the same focus of personal spiritual connection as a path to sharing spirituality. Each program offers teachings in three paths – the Yogic Path, the Mystic Path and the Shamanic Path, including but not limited to the following:
Yogic Path Teachings
- Integrate Sadhana Yoga foundational sequences into our personal practice
- Co-create new sequences based on concepts such as the Medicine Wheel, Elements and Chakras
- Practice a variety of basic and advanced meditation techniques
- Study and experience energetic anatomy
- Participate in Art of Teaching and Art of Touch Workshops
- Expand your repertoire of adjustments, modifications and alignment
- Explore new ways of sharing yoga through peer-teaching and co-creation
- Strengthen and explore your inner-connected personal yoga practice
- Express and share the bliss of daily Kirtan
- Share daily Satsang, sacred circle gathering
- Practice living your yoga in a fully integrated, holistic environment
- Explore teachings of the Yoga Sutra, Bhagavagita, Upanishad, Vedanta, and the Vedas
- Deepen your knowledge of Anatomy, Ayurveda, Conscious Business, and Yogic foundation
- Complete the curriculum required to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-300)
Shamanic Path Teachings (selected tools may be introduced based on the readiness of participants; direct revelations are essential for this path)
- Explore energetic healing arts, including healing from the spiritual light, bands of protection, transformational Medicine Wheel work, Illumination, extraction, chakra cleansing and other shamanic healing modalities
- Experience the benefits of Shamanic cleansing, fasting and silence
- Experience and learn the beauty and ritual of holding sacred ceremony, including but not limited to Fire Ceremony, Mayan Cacao Ceremony, Sacred Plants Ceremony, Letting Go Ceremony, Full- and New-Moon Ceremony, Gratitude Ceremony, etc.
- Learn Shamanic skills such as Journeying, Tracking, Divination, Merging, soul retrieval, psychopomp, depossession, power animal retrieval and connection to your personal Spirit Guides
- Explore inner stillness, Oneness and Divinity through Vision Quest
Mystic Path Teachings
- Explore teachings of Expansion of Consciousness from the human to the cosmic
- Journey between worlds at will
- Experience the cycle of birth, death and rebirth in all things
- Reveal your own innate creative expression through poetry, music, art and beyond
- Embrace the depth of selected teachings of the Tao Te Ching, Tantra Yoga, mystical poet Rumi, contemporary free soul Osho, and other sacred texts
- Experience communion with the manifest and unmanifest world and reveal the realization of the formless forms, the nameless names and the pathless path
Typical Daily Schedule
5:30 – Wake up
6:00-9:00 – Meditation, Healing, Asana
9:00-10:30 – Breakfast and Self sadhana
10:30-11:30 – Bliss of Kirtan and Mystic Path
11:30-1:00 – Art of Teaching and Alignment and Yoga Path
1:00-2:00 – Lunch and Self Sadhana
2:00-3:00 – Yogi Path
3:00-5:30 – Shaman Path
5:30-7:00 – Dinner
7:00-8:00 – Satsang and Sacred Ceremony
8:00-9:00 – Self Sadhana
9:00 – Dreamtime
The course is open to people who have earned their RYT-200 through SchoolYoga Institute or other Yoga Alliance-Affiliated schools.
Individuals who have a long standing practice of yoga and healing arts (minimum 5 years) – please submit a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an interview with our lead facilitator. This is particularly geared toward those who are interested in deepening their yoga, spiritual, and healing art practice but who are not concerned about the RYT hours and certification.
Prior to the training, we recommend that students take a look at the required reading and if possible some of our recommended readings as well (click here for the reading list).
In addition, we have some videos online that we suggest you practice before attending. Practice each flow at least twice before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them. Watch the videos
Set intention, with an open heart and mind, to fully embrace and experience everything during your training and beyond.
Click the Register Now button to head over to the Mindbody registration page and sign up now!