YOGA ALLIANCE FOSTERS AND SUPPORTS THE HIGH QUALITY, SAFE, ACCESSIBLE, AND EQUITABLE TEACHING OF YOGA.
Who is Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the yoga community, with over 7,000 Registered Yoga Schools (RYS) and more than 100,000 Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) as of April 2020.
Yoga alliance is an internation regulating agency to ensure the quality of Yoga Teacher Trainings and the consistency of education that trainees receive from a Registered Yoga School.
Yoga Alliance work includes:
- Celebrating and uplifting the many diverse yoga styles, traditions, and lineages.
- Advocating for self-regulation in the yoga industry and universal access to high quality, safe, accessible, and equitable yoga practices.
- Upholding the worldwide growth of yoga through education and community.
- Encouraging safe yoga instruction via quantitative standards and a member-wide Ethical Commitment, which includes an enhanced Code of Conduct, new Scope of Practice, and responsibility to equity in yoga.
- Serving the member community by providing tools for professional growth and development, exclusive benefits, and timely resources and information including those on COVID-19 and Social Justice.
- Fostering accountability by encouraging members to provide fair and full feedback on RYSs.
- Advocating for the yoga community’s protection from unfair or unnecessarily burdensome patents, taxation, or government regulation; and
- Providing yoga schools and yoga teachers with effective business practices to help achieve success.
Do I need a Yoga Alliance Certificaction?
Many international Yoga schools & studios may potentially prioritize Yoga Teachers who are registered with Yoga Alliance. This is a way for studio owners and Yoga Teacher Training coordinators to understand the quality of education that the Yoga Teacher received.
Once you complete a Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Teacher Training Course, you can register with YA and be a part of their international database of Yoga Teachers.
There is definitely the potential to get hired & teach yoga without a Yoga Alliance certification. With proper research, you can ensure that your YTT is up to par by asking many questions, looking into your facilitators, and reading reviews about the Yoga School. You do receive a certification from most non-Yoga Alliance courses as well!! 🙂
At School Yoga Institute, we offer both Yoga Alliance registered courses, and non-Yoga Alliance registered programs. We want you to choose what is best for you!!
200-hour vs 300-hour
Registered Yoga Teacher
This is the foundational course for all Yoga Teachers. The 200hr YTTC is a prerequisite for a 300hr YTTC. Teachers can register as an RYT 200 if they have successfully completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance. All training hours must come from the same school, and multiple trainings cannot be combined to meet the 200-hour requirement.
Registered Yoga Teacher 500
Teachers can register as an RYT 500 if they have successfully completed a 500-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance. The 500 hours of training can either come from one school or can be a combination of a 200-hour teacher training plus an additional 300-hour advanced teacher training* from a different RYS. Applicants must also submit 100 teaching hours that were completed after their RYS 200 or RYS 500 training. Show
Experiences Registered Yoga Teacher 200
Once registered, an E-RYT 200 is able to provide Continuing Education workshops to RYTs and can be a Lead Trainer of a 200-hour teacher training for an RYS 200 up until February 2022*.
Teachers can register as an E-RYT 200 if they have successfully completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance and have taught a minimum of two years after completing training. All training hours must come from the same school, and multiple trainings cannot be combined to meet the 200-hour requirement. Applicants must submit 1,000 teaching hours for this designation, which must be completed after finishing their training with an RYS 200. Show
Experiences Registered Yoga Teacher 500
Once registered, an E-RYT 500 is able to provide Continuing Education workshops to other teachers and can be a Lead Trainer of a 200-hour, 300-hour, or 500-hour teacher training.
Teachers can register as an E-RYT 500 if they have successfully completed a 500-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance and have taught a minimum of four years since completing training with an RYS 200. The 500 hours of training can either come from one school or can be a combination of a 200-hour training plus an additional 300-hour advanced teacher training* from a different RYS. Applicants must submit 2,000 teaching hours for this designation, 1,500 of which must have been taught after completing training with an RYS 200 or RYS 500. The remaining 500 teaching hours must have been taught after completing training with an RYS 300 or RYS 500. Show
Register Prenatal Yoga Teacher
Teachers can register as an RPYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training and an 85-hour prenatal yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in prenatal yoga, which must be performed after completing a training with a Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS). Show
Registered Yoga Teacher Benefits
As an RYT, you gain access to all Yoga Alliance membership benefits, including:
- An internationally recognized credential that stands as a marker of high quality, safe, accessible, and equitable yoga teaching.
- Marketing on our RYT directory, where you can list where you teach and tell the world more about who you are as a yoga teacher.
- Access to free online workshops (both live and recorded) which allow you to learn from leaders in the yoga community about a range of relevant yoga, business, and wellness topics.
- Advocacy alerts when there are local, state, and national government issues facing the yoga community.
- Invitations to both live and virtual community events and meet-ups.
- Insightful publications ranging from our monthly newsletter, scientific research on yoga, and hundreds of informative articles and videos.
- Discounts on products and services from our partners on everything from liability insurance to yoga clothes to business software. Bathrooms sanitized every day.
Costs for teachers
RYT REGISTRATION FEES AND MEMBERSHIP DUES
Application and upgrade fees are non-refundable. For questions, please contact Yoga Alliance.
How to mantain your registration
- Abide by the member-wide Ethical Commitment including an enhanced Code of Conduct.
- Abide by Yoga Alliance Yoga Therapy Policy.
- Complete your Continuing Education Requirement every three years.
- Pay your annual renewal fees.
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE!
CONTACT US AND LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR 200HR YOGA ALLIANCE REGISTERED
YOGA TEACHER TRAININGS