February 1-25th 300 hour with Anita, Raquel, Jeanine and Grant
Kura Kura Yoga Retreat
This Rustic retreat center is on the SouthEast Shore of Bali, just 50 steps from the sea, in a traditional quiet fishermen’s village called Pantai Seseh (Seseh Beach in English), between the very popular Canggu Beach and the famous temple Tanah Lot.
Bali, known as the Heart Chakra of the world, is a magical place that everyone should experience at least once in a lifetime.
About Kura Kura
Kura Kura is the Indonesian word for ‘sea turtle’. The sea turtle is an ancient symbol of the spiritual ground of the universe, it implies independence, patient long journeys and the support for all, from all that exists.
Seseh Beach is only a 15-minute walk to the very popular Echo Beach, a famous surf spot with many restaurants, shopping areas and spas on the gorgeous beach.
Being at Kura Kura means living close to nature with the rhythms of the sea, the sounds of birds and geckos singing in the garden, or the music of the Balinese gamelan and mantras of the Balinese ceremonies around us.
Kura Kura was originally built as a family house and in a way it still is. Many of the eight double rooms are Java style houses situated around the Yoga Shala (central building) and pool.
The 5 Balinese staff members truly become like family and are full of the hospitality and grace the Balinese are famous for. They love to share their knowledge of Balinese spiritual life and daily village life.
All meals are healthy vegetarian Indonesian/Asian style.
Double Occupancy Rooms
The rooms are based on a rustic elegant simplicity and live up to western standards having their own bathroom, rain- and hand shower (warm/cold water), a western toilet, comfortable beds with soft linen and mosquito nets, a veranda and fans and/or air-conditioning to keep you cool. Each room is different They are unpretentiously decorated with care and love. Enjoy the absence of television and nurture yourself in this elegant simplicity. If you need to communicate with the outside world, free Wi-Fi is available ( Bali 3 and 4 gig internet can be inconsistent)
Kura Kura Yoga Map
Contact us to discuss possible Seseh or Perrenan Beach options for single stay and to inquire about our limited all inclusive Food and Onsite Only Package at Kura Kura.
Visa In order to get a visa, your passport needs to be valid for six months after entering Indonesia. Visa requirements are different for various countries. Please search the internet for the closest Indonesian consulate for the visa requirements for your country of origin. Many countries enjoy a free visa entry into Indonesia. This will give you a 30 day stay upon arrival, called a VOA. However, if you wish to stay longer, you can purchase a tourist visa upon entering Bali at the airport. The cost is US$ 35.00 in cash. Presently it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days at the Ubud post office. You can also apply for a 60-day tourist at the Indonesian embassy in your country. This needs to be done prior to your travel to Indonesia.
Local currency is IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) You can check the most current exchange rate directly on google. A current example IDR to USD is 300.000 IDR (about $23 ) If you see someone else on the tracking sheet with the same flight or similar time, do our planet ( and your wallet!) a favor and message them via the FB page to arrange sharing a taxi!!
Food and Water
There is purified water and hot tea available all day at Kura Kura.
There is laundry available for a small price at Kura Kura. Kindly check in with the staff onsite with your washing needs.
Travel to Kura Kura
Kura Kura is only 25 minutes by car to the shops and buzz of Seminyak. From the airport and from Ubud it is 45 min-1 hour by car.
We can arrange a Direct Shuttle for you from the airport or Ubud. Our driver (most likely Dewa) will be wearing a Kura Kura/ SYI shirt and have a sign with your name. YOu will see him just past customs.
Transfer airport – one way 300.000 IDR or $23 or Transfer Ubud – one way
350.000 around $30. You can pay in IDR within a few days of arrival.
With or Without a Taxi- Please fill out the Student Tracking Sheet sent to you with all your travel information! Thank
Make Your Flight Arrangement
Plan to arrive into Denpasar International airport at the latest the morning of the training start date. We recommend arriving at least one day before the training. You can stay an additional night at Kura Kura for a special student rate of $65. This can be paid within a few days of arrival in IDR and must be indicated on the student tracking sheet 🙂
The closing ceremony is the night before the final day and the final day will have breakfast with a 12 pm checkout. You can safely schedule your flight out of DPS anytime after 2 pm in the afternoon of the last day ( PLEASE stay longer and enjoy the island of the god’s beach and sacred jungle!)
Arrange Transportation and Accommodation
Options include shuttle. If you wish to stay extra nights, this can be arranged. Please confirm this on the student tracking sheet.
The evening/morning before the training, in addition to Kura Kura, we recommend staying in both Ubud and/or Canggu before the training! Please communicate with fellow students on our Facebook group if you would like to arrange an informal meeting.
During the day there will be fruits, coconut & purified water, herbal teas, coffee and fresh juices
Yoga Teacher Training Manual
The Manual is included in the price of tuition and we will have it for you at the start of the course! Be sure to bring a journal !
Review Homework and Certification Requirements and Read Course Books
We urge you to buy your books used and/or locally and begin to read before leaving.
REVIEW HATHA AND VINYASA FLOW
Other Course Related Items
If you would like to explore using a neti pot and a tongue scraper, You can begin Kriyas now by purchasing both of these on your own at any health food store.
Please bring a journal, a notebook (separate from your journal), and any creative tools that enable you to express yourself such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc. We can provide a yoga mat for you or feel free to bring your own.
Please make sure to have a copy of your passport. If you would like, We will put your passport away in our lock box on site in the office and you should keep your copy on you when you venture offsite.
If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course. You can find videos of the flows here.
Since there is an emphasis on cleansing and healing in this training, we recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to consider limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process.
As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. Please note, cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
Begin to reflect on any insights you are receiving. This may be about yourself, your life, the things that have brought you to this place, the things that may be holding you back, or any other parts of you that are asking to be looked at. This is a great time to begin a practice of journaling if you do not already. Contemplating the intentions behind why you are doing what you are doing can bring a depth to your experience and begin the process of transformation before you even leave home!
What to Bring
- Bathing suit(s)
- Shower, Hand and Beach Towel & Sarong
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc.
- Band-aids and any desired medical supplies
- All-natural bug repellent ( All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Comfortable lightweight Yoga clothes, T-shirts and shorts
- Headlamp and batteries
- Yoga Mat (optional)
- Journal and extra notebook
- Water Bottle
- All-natural sunscreen
- Lavender and Tea Tree Oil are great essential oils to have
- All-natural candles and sage
- Special stones or healing items for your Mesa
- Plastic bags to keep electronics dry and safe near the beach
- Rechargeable batteries, charger, speaker
- Musical instruments!
- Cameras / camera chargers
- Travel Mug
And last, but not least: bring a good attitude, enthusiasm, and an open heart! Feel free to bring your own mat, otherwise, our yoga shala has what you need, including yoga mats, bolsters, straps and meditation cushions.
Health and Liability
Please fill out Health form and liability waiver forms.
Sick Days/Missed Classes – Full participation is required to complete the program. 3 hours of missed classes with a valid reason will be excused with makeup. Any additional hours missed will require communication with a facilitator and an action plan as to how hours can be completed. If additional facilitator time is required to work with a student to make up hours, an additional cost of $50 per hour will incur. Students must fulfill all required hours in order to graduate.
Certification – At the end of the course, you will receive your 200-hr Yoga Teacher Certification. This course is approved by Yoga Alliance, so as a graduate of this program you will qualify to register as a teacher with the Yoga Alliance organization if you choose to do so.
MORE INFO/POSSIBLE EXCURSIONS WE CAN ARRANGE (Let me know if you are interested in any of this!)
Kura Kura can arrange airport transfers, beach blessings, a water purification ceremony at Tirta Empul Temple near Ubud, drivers for day trips, Balinese massages & healing sessions and many other activities. Here is a sample of activities and prices in IDR:
- Welcome blessing with local Balinese priest on Sesesh beachfront of Kura Kura. This includes an explanation about Balinese ceremonies and a lesson in making a Balinese offering. 2 hours. 200.000
- Purification ceremony at the Sacred Water Temple called Tirta Empul near Ubud. This is a full immersion in the pools Including explanation and guidance by a Balinese healer. This is followed by a meditation and blessing from the Temple Priest. From Kura Kura return 5-6 hours. 250.000 plus transfer, full day car rate.
- A visit to famous and scenic Tanah Lot Temple and markets, including morning tea at the Pan Pacific Hotel. If the tides are agreeable guests can enter the temple for a meditation. Leaving Kura Kura after breakfast and returning before lunch. 3 hours. 200.000 plus transfer.
- Combination visit to Ubud and purification ceremony at Tirta Empul including either Lunch at Kopi Desa in Penastanan Village and a visit to a Balinese compound or Lunch at Sari Organic restaurant in Ubud and rice field walk. 300.000 plus transfer, full day car rate.
- Hiking tour at Mount Batur PLUS after hike soak in the mineral hot springs on the edge of scenic Lake Batur. Departs Kura Kura at 3.15 pm. Climb starts at 5 am and generally is finished after sunrise summit, refreshments by 8.30am. Breakfast and soak in the mineral hot springs, back to Kura Kura by lunchtime. 550.000 plus transfer, see special Batur rates.
- Hiking tour at Mount Batur (volcano) and journey to stunning waterfall valley (20 waterfalls) for afternoon lunch and swim. Departs Kura Kura at 3.15 pm. Climb starts at 5 am and generally is finished after sunrise summit refreshments by 8.30am.
- Travel to waterfall – arrive about 12.30pm for lunch. 2 hours at waterfalls and return to Kura Kura around 6 pm for dinner. 550.000 plus transfer, see special Batur rates.
- Coastal / Rice Field Bike ride. Depending on fitness levels we will create a route for a 2-3 hour scenic ride from Kura Kura. Suitable for beginners. Excellent bikes. 200.000
- Surf Lessons with local Balinese surf coach and guide. Wayan is an excellent surf coach and a great communicator. Being from the village, he has all the local wave knowledge. Maximum 3 students per session. Classes are 2-3 hours beginner or intermediate. 350.000
- Chakra balancing session by Dewa (Balinese healer) 500.000
- Deep bodywork massage – 300.000
- Balinese Massage 150.000
- Tirta Empul 650.000
- Tirta Empul/Ubud walk around. 700.000
- Sunrise Climb of Mount Batur (8 hours) 800.000