Please review the following information as you begin to prepare for your Yoga Teacher Training Course in Guatemala.
- Website: https://mysticalyogafarm.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US phone number: 802-448-2010
- Guatemala phone: 011 +502-3051 8153
Mystical Yoga Farm
Santiago Atitlan, Lago Atitlan, Solola
- Fly into Guatemala City.
- Connect with your fellow students and see if any of them are connecting for a shuttle.
- If not, Please book a shuttle at www.santiagoshuttle.com OR if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com directly to book a private or group shuttle to the Mystical Yoga Farm. They can answer all of your questions about this three to four-hour journey. Click this link for details.
Since you have already paid for your room and food, you do not need to carry a large amount with you to the farm. You will need money if you want to buy something from our boutique, go shopping in the nearby town, take a day trip on your day off, take a horseback ride, take Spanish lessons, or anything else that you would like to enjoy. At the airport there are ATMs and cash exchange booths. Once you arrive to the lake, you will have access to ATMS at the nearby towns as well and often the exchange rates at the ATM’s are better than the airport.
Upon arrival, we will check you into the farm, where you will be guided you through a short orientation and welcomed to your room. Check-in is typically between 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on the start date of the program.
It is important that everyone pays in full before the training begins. If you still owe tuition or room and board payment, please contact us immediately to reconcile your bill. Thank you for your prompt payments.
Required books for the program
1. SYI Yoga Teacher Training Manual: Included in tuition
We will have it when you arrive at the training.
2. Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff: Purchase at Amazon, ibooks, kindle or your local bookstore.
3. Yoga Sutras by Dennis Hill: Purchase on our website, at Amazon or your local bookstore.
Other Course-Related Items
A neti pot and a tongue scraper are items to consider bringing. You can purchase these on your own at any health food store. Please also bring any creative tools that enable you to express your gifts such as musical instruments, painting/drawing materials, etc.
- Journal and/or Notebook (Pens/Pencils)
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Clothes
- Comfortable Casual Clothes
- Swimsuit and Sarong
- Sandals & Walking Shoes
- Toiletries (Organic & Biodegradable if training is at the Farm including hand & body soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, clothing detergent).
- Organic mosquito repellent.
- Headlamp with rechargeable batteries (essential).
- Any Spiritual Books you would like to read or share.
- Probiotics and or any other appropriate preventative medicine (we recommend bringing lavender and tea tree oil).
We are off the grid and encourage you to bring as little technology as you are comfortable with. If you can go three weeks without your laptop, then try it.
We would love to have you come early or stay later at the farm. The cost of an extra night is $50 per night if you would like to extend your stay at the beginning or end of your trip. This rate includes meals, meditation, yoga and Satsang. Let us know, and we can reserve the extra days for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book extra nights
Laundry can be hand washed at the farm with biodegradable detergent, or if you prefer, you can get the boat or truck to town on the days off and drop your laundry at the lavenderia.
We serve 3 vegan delicious meals a day. Please let us know in advance if you have certain dietary needs or restrictions.
We have purified water throughout the farm. For environmental purposes and convenience, bring a reusable water bottle.
No inoculations are required to enter Guatemala, but it is always best to talk to your doctor and check out the Center for Disease Control for more info here.
Passport and Visa
You do not need to get a visa ahead of time. Your passport will likely be valid for 90 days.
Sick Days/Missed Days
We will make arrangements to make up any missed days during the program. Typically it is not a problem, and you can get everything completed during the course.
At the end of the course, you will receive your Yoga Teacher Certification. This course is approved by Yoga Alliance. As a graduate of this program you will qualify to register as a teacher with the Yoga Alliance organization if you choose to.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. Also, we would love to know how you found out about us, so when you send us your flight information, please let us know how you discovered SchoolYoga Institute! We are looking forward to having you here to embark on this life changing journey to shed away layers and become your truest self.
The School Yoga Team
(888) 964-2123 (Toll Free)