Bali Pondok Pitaya Welcome Packet
Balian Beach, Located in west Bali, 90 minutes drive north of Seminyak. Balian Beach: Pondok Pitaya Surfer Retreat Center is located on the edge of a natural volcanic black sand beach and beautiful cliff crafted by nature itself. The beach is perfect for long walks and has all year round waves for surfing. It is about 90 minutes from the popular Canggu beach. Bali, known as the Heart Chakra of the world, is a magical place that everyone should experience at least once in a lifetime. Pondok Pitaya’s Bungalows are a different type of Indonesian traditional wooden bungalows built of teak woods and boat woods, facing the surf break, swimming pool, conveniently located literally meters from the beach. Each bungalow is unique in its own way, there is no room that has the same design, fitted with queen size bed, ceiling fan, hot shower, and a safe box for guest valuables. In-room fridge is available on the bigger size bungalow. Laundry is available at a great price through the center. Wifi is available onsite during meals.
All rooms have been reconstructed from indigenous houses imported from Java, dating back to the 1930’s. Rooms include twin share Surfer Suites and large houses that can sleep up to 8 people. One of the best place in Balian Beach for Surfing and Yoga.
Food and Water
Please let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions. All meals are healthy and prepared by our lovely cook who knows how to make your taste buds smile. 3 Daily vegetarian Balinese/Indonesian healthy meals (breakfast including detox drink, lunch, and dinner) served as a buffet.
Do not drink the water in Bali. Only drink purified water. During the day there will be purified water available in the yoga shala and at night near your River house accommodations.
Visa In order to get a visa, your passport needs to be valid for six months after entering Indonesia. Visa requirements are different for various countries. Please search the internet for the closest Indonesian consulate for the visa requirements for your country of origin. Many countries enjoy a free visa entry into Indonesia. This will give you a 30 day stay upon arrival, called a VOA.
If you wish to stay longer, you can purchase a tourist visa upon entering Bali at the airport. The cost is US$ 35.00 in cash. Presently it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days but you must get the extension upon arriving to DPS and by paying the $35 upon entry. If you have this extension visa, you must apply for the extended visa 15 days into your trip (the process can take 10-15 days). The cost is 900,000 RUP. If you do not get this 2nd visa extension option, you must leave within 30 days. If you overstay, the cost is currently 300,000 per day overstay ($22). There is rumor that this may increase and we don’t recommend staying over 30 days without the planned extension. You can always fly out of Indonesia and fly back into Bali as well.
Local currency is IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) You can check the most current exchange rate directly on google
We will arrange a Direct Shuttle for you from the airport or anywhere else you are staying. Please indicate exact flight or pickup hotel information in the logistics sheet.
You can pay your shuttle directly to Pondok Pitaya upon arrival. Here are the updated prices:PP Transport Price List.
Make your flight arrangement: Plan to arrive into Denpasar International airport at the latest the morning of the training start date. The retreat center is roughly a 90 min-2 hour beautiful drive. We recommend arriving to the island at least one day before the training in order to acclimate to the island and time changes. If you would like to arrive early to the retreat center, please let us know and we can arrange extra nights at a set rate. This rate will include breakfast and you can purchase any extra meals directly at Pondok. If you would like us to arrange your transport, be sure to put all of your details into the Logistics Sheet. When we have student arrivals at the same time, we encourage (environmentally and financially) to share a taxi. We will send flight confirmation and details on how to meet Pondok Pitaya’s drivers the week before your arrival. They will have red and white Pondok shirts and hats on and are willing to stop along the drive to get you anything that you need. If you have any questions or a last minute flight or pickup time change, be sure to send an email to email@example.com so that Pondok Pitaya can update the driver.
You can schedule your flight out of DPS anytime after 2 pm in the afternoon of the last day or the following day (or PLEASE stay longer and enjoy the beach and jungle!)
Yoga Teacher Training Manual
The Manual is included in the price of tuition and we will have it for you at the start of the course.
- Yoga Sutras by Dennis Hill (please bring with you to the training)
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
If you don’t already have a regular practice, please take some time prior to the beginning of the training to start practicing yoga and meditation 3-5 times per week if possible. This will help your body and mind more quickly adapt to the schedule once we begin the course. You can find videos of the flows here.
Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Health
- Since there is an emphasis on cleansing and healing in this training, we recommend you begin the process of preparing your body by eating fresh foods that are organic and alkaline-forming such as fruits and vegetables that are high in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are the alkalizing electrolyte minerals most widely used by the body. You may also want to consider limiting your consumption of meat, dairy products, salt, sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
- Drink water as often as possible and begin to listen to and notice any changes in your body’s responses to this purification process. During the training based in the tropics, you will want to drink considerably more water than normal.
- As we are cleansing the body from the inside out, you may also want to consider the effects of cleansing from the outside-in. This is a perfect opportunity to look at the products you are using on your skin, hair and scalp to determine the safety or toxicity of them. Please note, cleansing and fasting is not a required part of this training. It is only offered as an additional way in which you can create more space for more light in your life and in your practice. If you are taking medication or have any personal or physical conditions that may be a contraindication to cleansing, please let us know.
- Begin to reflect on any insights you are receiving. This may be about yourself, your life, the things that have brought you to this place, the things that may be holding you back, or any other parts of you that are asking to be looked at. This is a great time to begin a practice of journaling if you do not already. Contemplating the intentions of why you are doing what you are doing can bring a depth to your experience and begin the process of transformation before you even leave home!
- Bathing suit(s)
- Beach Towel & Sarong
- Biodegradable shampoo, soap, etc.
- Band-aids and any desired medical supplies
- All-natural bug repellent ( All Terrain, Herbal Armor and Burts Bees are great!)
- Comfortable lightweight Yoga clothes, T-shirts and shorts
- Headlamp and batteries
- Yoga Mat (optional)
- Journal and extra notebook
- Water Bottle
- All-natural sunscreen
- Lavender and Tea Tree Oil are great essential oils to have
- All-natural candles and sage
- Special stones or healing items for your Mesa
- Plastic bags to keep electronics dry and safe near the beach
- Rechargeable batteries, charger, speaker
- Musical instruments!
- Cameras / camera chargers
- Travel Mug
Sick Days and Missed hours
Full participation is required to complete the program. Any additional hours missed will require communication with a facilitator and an action plan as to how hours can be completed. If additional facilitator time is required to work with a student to make up hours, an additional cost per hour may incur. Students must fulfill all Yoga Alliance required hours in order to graduate.
At the end of the course, you will receive your 200-hr Yoga Teacher Certification. This course is approved by Yoga Alliance, so as a graduate of this program you will qualify to register as a teacher with the Yoga Alliance organization, internationally recognizing you as a certified teacher.
Other activities for days off
We can directly arrange airport transfers, beach blessings, a water purification ceremony at Tirta Empul Temple near Ubud, drivers for day trips, Balinese massages & healing sessions and many other activities. Here is a sample of activities.
- Turtle Conservation Farm
- Surf Lessons with local Balinese surf coach and guide. Balion Beach is known for its excellent calm surf and Pondok Pitaya has excellent surf guides and board rentals on site.
- A visit to famous and scenic Tanah Lot Temple and markets, including morning tea at the Pan Pacific Hotel. If the tides are agreeable guests can enter the temple for a meditation.
- Combination visit to Ubud and purification ceremony at Tirta Empul including either Lunch at Kopi Desa in Penastanan Village and a visit to a Balinese compound or
- Lunch at Sari Organic restaurant in Ubud and rice field walk.
- Hiking tour at Mount Batur PLUS after hike soak in the mineral hot springs on the edge of scenic Lake Batur.
- Hiking tour at Mount Batur (volcano) and journey to stunning waterfall valley (20 waterfalls) for afternoon lunch and swim. Climb starts at 5 am and generally is finished after sunrise summit refreshments by 8.30am.
More information can be found here:
Let us know if there is anything else you would like to do!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ANY questions! Thank you!!