Become a Yoga Teacher for Pregnant Women
You are the Mystical Mama. Learn to teach yoga to pregnant women through SYI’s uniquely amazing mystical prenatal yoga teacher training. Support mothers-to-be through pregnancy and birth. Be a part of raising consciousness in future generations.
Upcoming Prenatal Course Dates
- January 6 to 15 2019 with Mara and Kate
Prenatal YTT Course Cost
- $1,200 Tuition
- $600 Room and Board 10 days/9 nights, shared space ($50 per extra night).
- Transportation to the Mystical Yoga Farm, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- Required Texts
- Optional day off activities
Mystical Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Join us next year January 6 to 15, 2019 at the Mystical Yoga Farm, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala and awaken the Mystical Mama within you.
“What an amazing, healing, empowering course. In such a short time I was able to feel such a sense of sisterhood… Really Beautiful!”
“I absolutely recommend the Mystical Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training to anyone who is interested in working with women during their pregnancy. I was looking to bring a spiritual and ceremonial aspect of prenatal yoga back to the area which I live and I am leaving with so much more. The training was well rounded with yoga, meditation, fire ceremonies, tea ceremonies, sharing circles, cacao ceremonies and so much more! The instructors provided a nurturing and feminine embodiment of the space in which we grew together as a group. I felt well nurtured and taken care of in the course and living at the Farm. Sharing meals and living in an intentional community added a whole different aspect that was a very pleasing surprise. I felt free and comfortable to be myself and feel fully whatever I was feeling at the moment. I was greeted with a warm smile and a “hello” and got the same on a daily basis. Everyone was so welcoming, loving and friendly making me feel at home, being so far from home. The whole journey was blissful, heart-warming and full in every aspect!!!”
“Thank you for the inspiration, for the love and support. I am honored to call both of you my sisters and my tribe! Thank you so much for being real and opening your heart to us! I loved every single day!”
Use the form below to inquire and get more info on Mystical Mama prenatal yoga teacher training programs.
Who is a Mystical Mama?
She is the expression of the divine feminine within all of us. She walks on the Earth gently with beauty and grace. She knows the world is her creation as she dreams her world into being. She knows her true soul’s purpose and lives each day blossoming into the path she was meant to walk. She is in harmony with the natural rhythms of life and the cycles of the moon, oceans, and stars. She walks barefoot on the moist Earth and sees clearly through the dark, embracing the sweetness of the air as the sun sets and the silence of the night reveals it’s secrets. Her womb is the ultimate source of creativity, the dynamic flow of life force energy. The sacredness of her nature is expressed through love and magnified in her relationships with others and the natural world.
When she becomes pregnant with the life of a baby within, she radiates like she has never before. Her aura glows and vibrates with her two heartbeats and is felt from all that surround her. The wisdom within her ripens as her belly becomes full. This ancient knowledge seeps into her skin from the soil beneath and dances out in the harmony of her voice, felt in the warmth of her actions and is known in the child within. This child is born into the life of a sage.
Dive Into the Sacred Feminine
In this 10 day Journey, we will flow through the trimesters as well as through the Peruvian Medicine Wheel as we dive into the Divine Feminine and Mother Archetype. As we move through our own transformations we reveal what it is we are called to share with the future children of the world, inside of the pregnant mother.
Mothers hold the seeds of the next generation of conscious creators inside the heart of their wombs, making it imperative for us to hold space for this transformation. Within this very sacred time of being pregnant a mother is a moving temple and all that she thinks, eats, and does is imprinted on the baby inside of her. Yoga provides a precious gift of translating that sacredness into everyday life and into the baby within, motherhood and beyond.
Yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, birth workers, nurses, mothers, or anyone wanting to learn more about this sacred time, are all invited to share in this Mystical Mama Journey.
We will be joined by local midwives as they share their wisdoms of being a Midwife in Guatemala, all called to this way of life by their dreams. We will also be connected to Midwives in the Western World as they share their own wisdoms of being with pregnant women before, during, and after birth.
You will leave this training feeling empowered and prepared to guide pregnant women on their journey, either through yoga classes or in a support role. As well as gaining in depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, the fundamentals of building a safe prenatal class and the importance of nutrition, we will break down numerous common poses in detail. We will also explore the importance of ancient wisdoms, such as placenta as medicine and undisturbed birth. This training is a merging of the heart and science of becoming a mother and how yoga can serve as both.
Mystical Mama Yoga is the yoga of spiritual practice. True to its Mystical Mama roots, this prenatal practice is derived from different yoga traditions, such as Ashtanga Vinyasa, Sivananda and Iyengar. It is designed beyond form and tradition and aims to encompass the essence of yoga and spirituality as a practice of Union. We guide each class with ease, intention and with the highest regard for the pregnant mother. We focus on the roots of our yoga tradition, where yoga is used as an instrument to reveal the truth of our existence as spiritual beings. Our Yoga Teacher Training is a holistic program; to understand Yoga you must first understand Self… body, mind, and spirit. We use the four directions of the Native American Medicine wheel as a guide and foundational structure for the course. Within each direction, we will focus on different types of movement, nourishment and meditation to meet the mother Goddess. We bring to life the ancient teachings of wise wimyn all over the world, through accessible and intuitive based teaching methods. During the 85hr teacher training program you will:
- Work through the traditional Peruvian Shamanic Medicine Wheel in a process of embodying the transformation that a pregnant woman undergoes.
- Learn tools to modify numerous yoga poses to accommodate mother at differing stages of gestation through detailed anatomy and physiology modules, as well as guidance and feedback on creating your own unique sequences.
- Continue to live the yogic lifestyle, improve your personal practice and develop a deep appreciation for the role of Mother and the Goddess archetype.
- Incorporate daily Meditation, Pranayama and Asana specific to fertility prenatal fertility.
- Explore the Art of Teaching through interactive daily workshops and learn through regular peer-teaching starting day one.
- Hone in on the art of creating sacred space and honoring the divine feminine through Ceremonies of the Blessing Way, the Birth Labyrinth, belly casting, henna painting, special songs, poetry, mother art, natural self-care, and creative writing.
- Participate in daily Satsang, evening gathering, and learn traditional Kirtan chants from India and the rest of the world
- Study the wisdom passed down from the sages on topics pertaining to pregnancy and birth through our Tea With The Sages module. Daily discussions based on material from our recommended reading list.
- Learn the ancient art of placenta medicine, as well as how to create a 30-day baby moon for mother and baby.
- Explore yoga for labor preparation and poses for birth.
- Discuss the important roles that birth partners play in the mother’s life, as well as creating conscious community, sisterhood and a sense of belonging. Mothers must be mothered in order to mother their babies.
- Discuss how to support a womyn through infertility, miscarriage and infant loss, using our knowledge of yoga, meditation, ritual, ceremony, self-care and community.
This comprehensive program will leave you feeling fully empowered to not only guide a pregnant mother through a safe and effective yoga experience but to walk with her on this most sacred transformational journey.
Typical Daily Schedule
6:30-7:00 a.m. Guided Meditation
7:00-9:00 a.m. Asana
9:00-10:00 a.m. Nourishment
10:00-11:00 a.m. Anatomy/Physiology
11:00-1:00 p.m. Special Topic
1:00-3:00 p.m. Nourishment & Self Sadhana
3:00-5:00 p.m. Art of Asana
6:00-7:00 p.m. Nourishment
7:00-8:00 p.m. Satsang/Evening Ceremony
Required Text & Reading Lists
- Mystical Mama Yoga: A Spiritual Journey through conception, pregnanc, and Birth through the Divine Feminine (this book will be provided for you during your training)
- Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful: Experience the Natural Power of Pregnancy and Birth with Kundalini Yoga and Meditation by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa | Purchase on Amazon
- The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices by Aviva Jill Romm | Purchase on Amazon
- Primal Mothering In a Modern World by Hygeia Halfmoon | Purchase on Amazon
- Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Shanley & Michel Odent MD | Purchase on Amazon
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simpkin | Purchase on Amazon
- Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin | Purchase on Amazon
- Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susun S. Weed | Purchase on Amazon
Tuition, Meals and Lodging
- Tuition: $1,200
- Room and Board Package for Mystical Yoga Farm Guatemala: $600 for 10 days/9 nights, shared space ($50 per extra night).
- Transportation to Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Mystical Yoga Farm is located approximately three and a half hours drive from Guatemala City. We have been offering up to six teacher training courses each year for three years now and have never experienced any difficulties around our students safety in Guatemala. We are very confident that once you arrive here you will feel at home.
For additional information on getting to the Farm, please visit the Getting Here section of the Mystical Yoga Farm website.Top