Choose Your Location
- Work through the traditional Peruvian Shamanic Medicine Wheel in a process of self-inquiry and personal transformation
- Learn to teach two sequences: Sadhana Vinyasa and Sadhana Hatha flows, as well as guidance on creating your own unique sequences
- Live the yogic lifestyle, improve your personal practice and develop your Sadhana, your own spiritual practice
- Incorporate daily Meditation, Pranayama, and Asana
- Explore the Art of Teaching through interactive daily workshops and learn through regular peer-teaching starting day one
- Participate in daily Satsang, evening gathering, and learn traditional Kirtan chants from India and the rest of the world
- Participate in a traditional ceremony, including Full- and New-Moon Ceremonies, Letting-Go Ceremony, traditional Andean gratitude ceremony (despacho), Cacao ceremony,
- Study Yoga Anatomy & Physiology and incorporate these principles into your own teaching and practice
- Study select Yoga Sutras in depth
- Learn the foundation and historical background of yoga philosophy
- Explore Chakras, Bandhas & energetic anatomy in your personal practice and your teaching
- Study Ayurvedic Philosophy & Medicine, and study and live the Yogic Diet
- Practice Advanced Pranayama
- Experience Kriyas, yogic cleansing techniques
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Receive an introduction to Conscious Business and discuss ways to bring your Yoga to the marketplace
- Learn and integrate holistic health modalities such as massage, energy healing, nutrition, and other forms
Upon completion of our course, participants who demonstrate our skill competency and complete 200 hours of coursework will receive a certification for completion of the curriculum. This will enable you to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
MYSTICAL YOGA STYLE
SYI trainings hold a strong intention for personal transformation. In this way, the courses are designed not only to provide students with tools to share the wisdom of yoga with others, but also to look at their own lives from a spiritual perspective. Each training holds unique energy, created from like-minded souls who join from all over the world.
We value intimate trainings with intentionally smaller groups in order to provide more 1:1 time with teachers and a deeper sense of community and connection. To guide the process of personal transformation we draw on the ancient wisdom of the East as well as on the Shamanic Medicine Wheel of Peru.
Our yoga teacher training courses are arranged in four cycles, following the four cardinal directions, asking the guardian spirits to guide a cycle of release, understanding, growth and empowerment. Together we create a space that reveals our wisdom within and accelerates the realization of our life purpose.
Mystical Yoga, or yoga of spiritual practice, reaches deep into the roots of this ancient way of life, calling on us to reveal the yoga, the union, within everything.
Our 200-hour trainings embody this approach, opening us up to the wisdom and the teacher that is already within us all. We dance, we chant, we sing. We find community with like-minded people and we embrace the stillness within ourselves. We call on our intuition for the answers and we speak from spirit to spirit. We dive deep into the experience, free from unnecessary distractions and allow our authentic connection to emerge.
Throughout the process of the 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training, we have the opportunity to step into our power as yoga teachers who share the mystical dimensions from where we all came and to which we will return.
The universe is a place of discovery, mystery, and mysticism. We come into this world to unveil our own soul-purpose and to reveal our own gifts, so we can serve the world and advance our own spiritual evolution. Through our Yoga practice, our personal spiritual exploration, we uncover a deeper connection within us.
From the ancient wisdom, daily yoga mystical practice, and through our transformative mystical yoga practice, we begin to reveal a greater sense of beauty, love, and freedom. We see yoga as a vehicle that carries us to experience and enjoy the pure, true essence of life.
This path will ask for self-reflection, growth, and discipline. These trainings provide an opportunity to learn under the Gurukula system, living with our teachers – both our external gurus and our inner gurus, and immersing ourselves in the world of yoga.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
During our trainings, we ask participants to embrace all aspects of the yogic lifestyle, such as observing a vegetarian diet, living free from the distractions of other substances, and moving away from technology and unnecessary communication with the external world.
We ask dedication, commitment, and surrender, as well as immersion in our spiritual community for the duration of the training in order to allow the work to be as impactful as possible.
Open yourself to what is there, leave all expectation behind and enter the enlightened prespective and sacred landscape of your training with an open heart – whatever comes will be exactly what you need.
Each day carries an intention, a spiritual lesson of the day, that we explore throughout the day. We begin each morning with a sunrise meditation, followed by a 90-minute asana practice and nourishing yogic breakfast. The days are spent learning yogic theory and healing practices through workshops, classes and group discussions.
During this time we cover the fundamentals of yogic living, including yogic diet, anatomy, meditation, cleansing practices, pranayama, Ayurveda and the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutras. Our trainings also open up to include other methods of healing, calling on not just the physical and mental elements but also the more subtle forms such as earth medicine, energy healing and shamanic journeying.
We share the Art of Teaching and Art of Touch, during which students learn to teach two asana sequences, the Mystical Hatha Flow, a slow, meditative, Sivananda-based practice, and the Mystical Vinyasa Flow, a more intense, breath-synchronized flow. We also share the fundamentals of intelligent sequencing and explore alignment and adjustment of poses in depth. Each evening we close with Satsang, our evening gathering, which may be meditation, kirtan chanting or sacred ceremony.
WHAT TO EXPECT
From your unique School Yoga Institute Immersion Program you will experience:
- Spiritual Immersion
- Daily Yoga Practice
- In-Depth Meditation Techniques and Practice
- Yoga Philosophy
- Art of Teaching
- Art of Touch
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
- Native American Medicine Wheel
- Kriya Yogic Cleansing
- Kirtan Bhajan Chanting
- Energetic Healing Practices
- Cacao & Fire Ceremonies
- Chakras & Energy Work
- Communal & Sustainable Living
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Life-long Friendships
Bali, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Peru, India, Portugal
Oct 2-22, 2021 – Ubud, Bali, Dec 6-Dec 26, 2021 – Uluwatu Bali, Feb 1-21, 2022 – Uluwatu Bali, May 2-22, 2022 – Uluwatu Bali, Jun 10-30, 2022 – Balian Beach, Bali, Jan 1-21st, 2021 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Mar 1-21st, 2021 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Jun 8-28, 2021 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Jul 1-21, 2021 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Nov 5-25, 2021 – Danyasa Yoga Retreat, Costa Rica, Jan 4-24, 2022 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Mar 1-21, 2022 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Jun 8-28, 2022 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Jul 1-21, 2022 – Indigo Yoga Resort, Costa Rica, Apr 4-24, 2021 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Jun 5-25, 2021 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Nov 4-24, 2021 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Dec 1-21, 2021 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Jan 10-16, 2022 – Prenatal YTT, MYF, Apr 4-24, 2022 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Jun 8-28, 2022 – Lake Atitlan, MYF, Guatemala, Jan 19-Feb 8, 2022 – Ometepe Lake, Nicaragua, Feb 5-25, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Apr 24-May 14, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Jun 10-30, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Sep 2-22, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Nov 1-21, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Dec 1-21, 2021 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Feb 5-25, 2022 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Apr 24-May 14, 2022 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, June 10-30, 2022 – Munay Sonqo, Peru, Oct 1-21, 2021 – Goa, India, March 25-April 16, 2022 – Orada, Portugal
$2300 Pay in Full – Save $200!, 4 Bi-Weekly Payments of $625, 8 Bi-Weekly Payments of $312.50, 10 Bi-Weekly Payments of $250, $300 Deposit + Custom Payment Plan